Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Recap: A Look Back on an Amazing Year

2012 was quite simply an amazing year in my life! I shot my first wedding as the primary shooter (it was scary, but I did it with the help of my husband and amazing second shooter Paige)! I led worship at the Pursuit 31 Conference in front of a room full of women that I had never met and I didn't pass out on the stage.  I continued to grow my business and do what I love most, which is capture people's special moments through my camera lens.  I did so many amazing other things in 2012 and learned so much about myself in the process, the most important thing I learned in 2012 is this though; I can shoot all the weddings in the world, I can get published on all the top photography blogs and gain recognition from my peers, I can have the best photography gear, but none of those things matter if I don't show love to the people God has placed in my path and if I am so caught up in all of those things that I don't take time to just simply live in the moment then I have failed at being appreciative with this life I have been given. Thank you thank you thank you to all of the amazing clients, family and friends who believe in me, you will never know how much it means to me that you believe in a young person like me that just had a dream to make a living doing what I love, from the bottom of my heart I am indebted to you.

And now here is a glimpse into the beautiful moments I had the pleasure of being apart of in 2012: