Wednesday, March 13, 2013

DIY Wednesday: Be Your Own Personal Stylist by Asheville, NC Wedding and Portrait Photographer

Today's post might be a "yeah DUH," moment for some, but for me I was truly happy to figure this little method out.  I have always struggled with what to wear each day and I would try on multiple outfits and still sometimes not know what I wanted to wear :) My go to stylist used to be my older sister when we still lived with our parents, but in the years since we got married and moved into houses of our own, I have had to learn how to style my own outfits.  When pinterest came along I so quickly became a huge fan of it just like everyone else, but I quickly realized that I could use it as more than just a tool for session ideas or ways to decorate my home, I could use it to essentially be my own personal stylist!! 

On pinterest I have two different outfit idea boards: one board for cold weather outfits (Fall/Winter outfits) and one board for warm weather outfits (Spring/Summer Outfits).  You can check them out here: Fall/Winter Outfit Ideas and Spring/Summer Outfit Ideas.  The way I use my outfit boards and really make them work for my closet, is I go to my closet pick out a piece of clothing that I love, like for example: red skinny jeans and then type it in on pinterest and see all the results it brings up.  I will then go through the results and pin outfits that I feel like I can recreate with clothing pieces in my closet. Now granted, sometimes the resulting outfits I come up with do not look exactly like the outfits I pinned on pinterest, but they usually end up looking really cute and it helps me cut down the time each day that it takes me to get dressed.  Here are some outfit ideas I have styled with the help of pinterest :) 

Images of outfits that young twenties something girl has styled with the help of pinterest

Now that you know my secret, I'd love to see outfits you've styled with the help of pinterest :) comment below with a picture of one!!