Monday, February 17, 2014

Your Hand in Mine, a Birthday Post for My Hubby by Asheville, NC Wedding and Portrait Photographer

Maybe I am one of those overly sentimental people that thinks that every moment is special, but today really is one of the days that is most special in my mind. I collect moments in my hand, clinging tightly to them and some of those most vivid moments in my mind are from the times that Stephen and I have spent together. 

Today is not just any day, today is my husband's birthday! Ever year since I have had this blog, I have wrote my husband a birthday post on it because Stephen's birthday is something worth noting in my book! Stephen burst into my life like a bright light making me laugh and helping me to see the sunny part of each day...no matter what that day might have been like. I was talking to Stephen last night on the phone just about how life is so much better when he is beside me and I truly meant it. Babe, you are the bright spot to each of my days, composer of beautiful music, guy that fixes my computer when I've screwed it up for what seems like the millionth time, sunny side up egg maker, my own personal comedian, my toaster at night when my feet are cold and you are roasting, #1 cuddlebuddy (besides Will and Sammy), the calm to my worry, you are the best part of me. 

When Stephen and I were dating we listened to a lot of music by "This Will Destroy You," and "Explosions in The Sky," and in particular we listened to the songs off of this album.  One of the songs we listened to was called "Your Hand in Mine," and I think it's so fitting for how I feel about Stephen.  I can face any storm that may come, anything that may be thrown my way, as long as his hand is in mine. Happy Birthday Sweetheart!