Saturday, April 21, 2012

River Arts District Stylized Motown Vintage Prom Senior and Mini Me Session by Asheville, NC Portrait Photographer

Bowties, bouffant hair, retro 60's clothing, gingham, and giant balloons, what more could a person want??    When I began planning this stylized session I knew that I wanted it to have a retro, 60's feel, I have been inspired by the 60's ever since I was 11 and went through a phase where all I would listen to were the Motown great's: The Jackson Five, The Supremes, The Tempations, etc...  Back then ladies dressed like well...ladies with hemlines well below the knee, clip on earrings and belts that emphasized their tiny waists.  Guy rocked the debonair look with fitted pants, button down shirts, and bowties or ties. I also knew that the graffiti decorated streets of The River Arts District would have the perfect feel for the shoot!  It was when my sister jumped in with the idea of doing mini me's of the my highschool models that I had real moment of inspiration and knew that this session had to be brought to life! There is NO way this session would've been possible without the wonderful people willing to help bring my vision to life! HUGE THANKS to Twice Round Vintage, The Green Goddess Organic Hair Salon, Tracie Robinson, Amy Deal, Miles Woolcott, Kerry Wright, Adison Wright, Nisha Evoy, and Beckett Evoy!!! And without further ado I give you the photos:
































Vintage Clothes/Jewelry: Twice Round Vintage http://twiceroundvintage.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/pages/Twice-Round-Vintage/140722105978851
Hair: The Green Goddess Organic Hair Salon https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Green-Goddess-Organic-Hair-Salon/175081625924296
Makeup: Tracie Robinson tracierobinson97@gmail.com