Wednesday, February 6, 2013

DIY Wednesday: Eye Makeup Remover by Asheville, NC Portrait Photographer

Today I am excited to share my 2nd DIY Wednesday Post on how to make your own eye makeup remover.  :) I believe in giving credit where credit is due, so it is only right that I credit this wonderful blog kristanlynn with the recipe for this wonderful eye makeup remover.  I am always looking for ways to save money and live more simply, so I was delighted when I started discovering all of these wonderful DIY beauty recipes on pinterest. If you are a girl you know just how expensive makeup and beauty products can be, I don't remember a time that I ever paid less than $5.00 for makeup remover at the store.  If I did my math correctly (math has never been my forte lol), then you can make this eye makeup for less than $2.50 a jar!!!  The recipe for this eye makeup remover is quite simple and one of the great things about making your own beauty products is that you will know exactly what you are putting on your face when you go to use them.

You Will Need
1 1/2 tablespoon of baby shampoo or body wash (I bought mine from ALDI)
1/8 teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil (I chose to use olive oil because I already had it at home)
1 cup of water
measuring spoons and cup
mixing bowl
spoon
bottle or jar to put finished product in

Step 1: Assemble all your supplies.



Step 2: In your mixing bowl measure out one cup of water and add it into the bowl.


Step 3: Measure out 1 1/2 tablespoon of baby shampoo/bodywash and pour into mixing bowl.


Step 4: Measure of 1/8 teaspoon of olive oil (or coconut oil) and add into mixing bowl.  Stir together all the ingredients.


  Step 5: Pour the mixture in your mixing bowl into a glass jar or container to store.  I used a mason jar I had lying around my kitchen and an empty pesto jar (if you are going to use a jar that had food in it previously, I recommend soaking it, so that it won't have a strange smell).



Last but not least, try it out and enjoy! ;)