Wednesday, February 13, 2013

DIY Wednesday: Valentine's Day Nails by Asheville, NC Wedding & Portrait Photographer

Tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year, Valentine's Day!! Now maybe it's just me, but on Valentine's Day (or really any holiday) I love to dress up, plan out my outfit days in advance, wear a special new lipstick, or style my hair a different way, basically anything to celebrate the day and make it a momentous occasion! I love having my nails done, but sometimes when I want to save some money I do an at-home-manicure. I am a girly girl and this year I am wearing a VERY feminine, sweet-as-pie dress from Modcloth and I thought a girly manicure with heart accents would be the perfect compliment to my outfit! I picked up some new sparkly pink glitter nail polish from Ulta and then the rest of the nail polishes I used were ones I had lying around at home. Check out the steps on how to recreate my DIY Valentine's Day manicure below!

Step 1.) Assemble all your supplies. 

Step 2.) Start with clean, clipped nails.

Step 3.) Paint your thumbnail and your ring fingernail with a nude color and let dry.

Step 4.) Paint your pinky nail and pointer fingernail with a gold color, and paint your middle fingernail with a cherry red color and let dry.

Step 5.) Paint pink glitter polish over two nails that you painted nude polish on and let dry.

Step 6: Let nails dry thoroughly and then paint any additional designs you may want on your nails! I chose to paint a silver heart on my nails, but a bow or polka dots would be cute as well!

Step 7.) Admire your beautiful nails!!

Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day with the ones you love!! xoxo!