Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Stephen!

Today is a very special day, it is my precious husband's birthday.  It is quite hard for me to even put into words how much I love my husband or how much he means to me, but I thought I would at least try to verbalize it.  I told my husband the other day that I knew it was his birthday that was coming up and not mine, but that I feel like I am the person who receives the gift each year because to be honest I think of my husband as a gift that God gave me.  And what a precious gift he has been in my life!  Before my husband came along I didn't date anyone and when I met him it was as if a missing puzzle piece was put into the puzzle that is my life and everything all of the sudden made sense. Stephen is my rock of strength when I am unsure about myself and who I am.  He is constantly encouraging me to keep pursuing the things that make me happy.  He is the person that makes me laugh and not take myself so seriously (which is something I really need).  He is the person who makes beautiful music that any composer would be proud of, but yet is still so humble and realizes that the gifts he has are from God. Being married to Stephen has been a journey, the best journey I have ever been entrusted to embark upon.  I am thankful for each morning that I wake up and see his beautiful face across from mine because I know it is another day to be with my sweet beloved. Happy Birthday Sweetheart!